We place compliance with health, safety, environmental and quality obligations at the heart of everything we do. We operate in several industries that each have their own legislation, regulations, standards and best practice. This diversity is a strength of our organisation and we are proud to have been one of the first plant hire companies in the UK to implement a formal management system that was accredited to OHSAS 18001, BSEN ISO 14001, and BS EN ISO 9001. Our excellent health, safety, environmental and quality record has been sustained by the continued evolution of our management systems that are accredited to approved standards by BM TRADA, a world leader in certification.
Our philosophy is one of continual improvement as we seek to ensure a safe working environment. We take pride in our own well trained and committed workforce, who understand the Gorrel way of working, and more importantly how to behave in what we believe is the right way.
Our behavioural based safety culture, in which every person takes responsibility for their own actions compliments our investment in safety & health. We encourage and invest in innovation, especially where safety can be improved. Gorrel operate a bespoke staff competency database that we use to record, monitor and review the training, development and capability of our staff.
We hold membership of or accreditations with:
• ISO 9001:2015 (Quality Management)
• ISO 14001:2015 (Environmental Management)
• BS OHSAS 18001:2007 (Occupational Health & Safety)- Aiming to migrate to ISO 45001:2018 in 2019
• Achilles Building Confidence, UVDB, RISQS
• Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
• Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment (IEMA)
• Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme (FORS) Silver